Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I May Be Over My Writer's Block...

I had a momentary lapse of writers block last week. My family had gone away for a week, and after their return it bummed me out a little. I felt guilty for this, but the time spent alone reminded me of how much I missed it. Not that I want to live entirely alone, but living with family is very different than a roommate or a signifigant other that we enjoy and also that respects our space.
With this in mind I've determined to find my own space again, before I am driven to madness. Last week I felt slightly down at their return, this week I feel downright on edge. Do you ever have those moments when you're looking at yourself from above, and you're completely feeling like you're in the Twilight Zone? Ahhhhh! Yes, I felt that when we had a family discussion-slash-slight intervention about the refridgerator and leaving ceiling fans on. This is what it's like when you live with someone who is elderly. So if you're contemplating it, just picture coming home to an 80 degree home and when you comment on it, you are given the reply, "Why, is it hot out?" Yeah. Anyways.
I have such a hard time with the expectations I've had on what I expected for my life. The storybook sort of situation I anticipated for so long while growing up is so far fetched now, it really bums me out and I have to stop thinking about it. I actually had to delete someone I knew on Facebook who provides a daily update of how loved she feels from her husband and how much fun she has with her kids. Sometimes we have to realize what brings us down and we have to take control over it. I battle feeling bad for feeling envious of this, because I am happy for anyone who has a good home and good situation. There are far too many people that do not, so anyone who does, I smile for you and pray I will have a little of that normalcy someday. But that is what is normal to me, and not everyone wants that. So whatever you want, I hope you receive it. Even if it means you want to live with grandma.

1 comment:

  1. I bet it is difficult to go back home after being on your own for so long. But it's temporary! I can sympathize with your lack of privacy. But hopefully you're saving money and making plans for the next phase.

    ReplyDelete